Many bloggers go to work writing, writing, writing. However, they fail to remember to make the content visually appealing and easy to scan. We need to include a basic format to make the content easy to read. Image to the Left. Look familiar? Would you want to read on?
Let’s get started.
- First, Create an SEO Friendly headline. And refer to the On-Page SEO Checklist for more details.
- Have only one Header 1 title. Use your best keyword phrase as the Main Title.
- Have 5-6 Header 2 subtitles.
- Write 2-3 sentences per paragraph. Use appropriate subtitles to provide an overview of the content.
- Create a Call-to-Action in the middle and near the end of the post. Make them count. Get email signup for your newsletter so you can nurture them into a client. Provide a ebook download to offer value.
- Insert at least 1 hero image or video
- Create Alt tags for images using your best searched keywords and the name of the company for whom you are writing. Assuming your research for the best keyword phrase, use the same keyword phrase you use in the title of this article. for example, ‘How To Format The Perfect Blog by Carol Scalzo of Hit-the-Web Marketing’. This is why your images need to be relevant to your content. Also, if the image is turned off, the description here will tell the visitor the meaning of the image. If the person is blind, the computer will use the Alt tag to read the description out loud.
- Create at least 2 internal links to complimentary pages or pages you want to boost ranking for in search engines.
- Create an external link to a high authority website. One that is very popular AND well regarded. (no hacker or porn sites)
- Make sure hyperlinks and images Open in A New Tab.
- Have social media buttons so visitors can share to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
A Content Marketing strategy is about 25% of a successful marketing plan. You need to drive traffic to your engaging content. Learn more about our program to your success in Best Way to Spend $1000 Marketing Your Business.
Just a few tweaks and you can get your content ranking higher because it converts. Work toward making it look like the following:
The second image to the left shows what a blog strengthened with blog best practices and search engine optimization looks like. The goal is to use WordPress SEO tactics. What’s good? Check the Readability and SEO. The Goal is for Readability to be Good. Define Good! The copy score for this blog scores 78.2% which is fairly easy to read. The goal is to be 65% or higher.
A free resource to help you obtain search engine optimization best practices is to install
the SEO for Yoast plugin for WordPress. If you are unsure how to install this plugin, feel free to contact Carol at Hit-the-Web Marketing by calling 781.996.9163
Find out how every one of your blog articles can convert. We periodically run a 3 hour workshop to show how this is done.
Coming Soon! Get organized and plan your content marketing strategy. Download our 2017 Content Marketing Calendar.
and learn how to use it.
[contact-form-7 id=”119″ title=”Signup for Hit-the-Web Marketing Newsletter”]