PPC Marketing Campaigns Quickly Increase Your Website Traffic and Controls Where Prospects Enter Your Site
Ask yourself the following questions
- Do you have a website that is not designed to be search engine friendly and does not rank well in the “organic” search engine results pages?
- Do you have a relatively new site that has been optimized for the search engines, but is not old or large enough to rank well yet?
- Do you rank well in the search engines, but want to increase your overall click-through rate by having your company appear in both the paid and organic listings?
- Do you need to “fill the holes” for keyword phrases that you do not rank highly for in the search engine rankings?
- Do you want to better understand the potential traffic a given keyword phrase generates to plan for your website development or SEO program?
- Do you want to test which keyword phrases convert the best for you current website?
- Would like to better control which “doors” or landing pages visitors use to enter your website?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Pay Per Click Marketing could benefit your company. The three primary pay per click ad programs are Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter. A majority of pay per click advertising management firms and companies report they receive significantly more visitors (traffic) from their Google Adwords campaigns. However, there are reports from some pay per click management companies that conversions for Google Adwords are lower relative to the other pay per click programs. Because of the volume necessary to conduct statistically valid testing, however, we recommend you consider Google Adwords as your starting point when establishing a new PPC advertising program. Once you spend several weeks or more going through all of the PPC program tutorials, it is possible to create pay per click campaigns with any of the big three PPC providers in a matter of days. Unfortunately, creating a click campaign is one thing, creating a profitable PPC program is much more difficult. If you plan to attempt the “do-it-yourself” route with pay per click, please read some of the common errors you will want to avoid listed below and also read our Hit-the-Web Marketing Blog – The Retail Factor for additional assistance.
Common errors made with ppc marketing campaigns
- Disorganized campaign structure – it’s critical that you structure your campaigns appropriately from the beginning to allow for proper testing and higher quality scores.
- Keywords too broad for a particular ad group – it is important that your ads have a high degree of relevance to the associated keywords.
- Assume top placement results in the highest conversion or ROI – higher placements tend to result in more clicks, but that does not necessarily mean the highest position also results in the highest conversion or ROI. You must continuously test, track and tweak.
- Fail to send click traffic to the most relevant page – some people still send their click traffic to the home page. This is usually not the most relevant page for the visitor.
- Stop ad copy testing after initial success (if you test at all) – if you’re not continuously testing your pay per click campaigns, you are missing out on one of the primary benefits of the channel.
- Use the wrong metrics to track pay per click success – there are a lot of potential metrics to use in your PPC program. It is important to pick the right metrics for your business and gather accurate data to measure against.
Improve your current PPC marketing campaign
- Provides a professional pay per click advertising management service that can be customized to meet your needs.
- Conducts a PPC Optimization Audit to identify opportunities to boost the performance of your current click campaigns.
- Provides a customized PPC marketing or consulting program that provides the most value to your organization.
- Helps you launch or manage your own pay per click campaign.
Can we help with your pay per click advertising program? Call 781-996-9163 or email Hit-the-Web Marketing today for a prompt response. Learn more about our PPC consulting services and ppc management service.